- 400 g Catfish
- ½ Cup Coconut cream
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 1 Egg
- 3-4 dried red chilli, soaked, drained and chopped into a paste
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon grass stalk , sliced thinly
- 1 tsp galangal, cut small
- ¼ zest of kaffir lime leaf
- 1 tbsp salt , 1 tbsp sugar , 1 tbsp Kapi
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 10 of kaffir lime leaves
- 2 fresh red chillies for garnishing
- 200 g Young Nhor Leaves, sliced about 0.5 cm strip
- Amount of Banana leaves to make 4 cups
To make the recipes by pounding lemon grass stalk, galangal and zest of kaffir lime first in a clay mortar then follow garlic and shallot continue to pound when it fine add dried red chilli past into and mix well.
Bone catfish and slice a little bit thick and set aside. Wash and slice Nhor Leaves about 0.5 cm stripe. Fresh red chilli is slice into small stripe for garnishing. Remove the recipes from a clay mortar to a big bowl then pour half of coconut cream, coconut milk, slice catfish, egg, fish sauce, salt, sugar and Kapi stir well about 3 minutes until dissolve. Finally, put Nhor leaf sliced into the banana leaf cup first next add fish mixture and drizzle the rest of coconut cream on top then garnish with fresh red chilled stipe and bring it to steam about 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked.
How to make a banana leaf cup:
Cut out 18 cm circles from the banana leaf sheets. Lay 2 circle sheets on top and fold up the edges to form a cup. Fastening the folded corner with toothpick or pin and make like this just 3 corner enough. Continue with the remaining leaf sheet to make a total 4 cups.