- 2 kg Khmer rice noodle
- 400 g fresh fish
- 1 tbsp Khmer Prahok
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup roasted peanuts , pound coarsely ( optional )
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp lemon grass leaf , sliced finely
- 5 garlic clove , cut small
- 1 ½ tsp rhizome , cut small
- 2 tsp turmeric , cut small
- ¼ zest Citron , cut small
- Cucumber , hashed and slice thinly
- Banana blossom , sliced thinly
- Bean sprout
- Lotus and the other like : long bean , Phka Snoa , Ka-thom tat and leulk Raing etc,. Set on side .
A half of coconut cream mix with coconut milk and water in a large pot , then bring to the boil lover a medium high heat . When it starts to bubble , take Prahok om a sieve in a sieve and plunge into the boiling water , while scraping with the back of a spoon so the flesh is pulverized and fall into the soup , discards the skin and bone .
Next add the whole fish into the boiling Prahok soup and cook until well done . Then take out of pot , when cool , remove bones and skin , before crumbing it . Set aside .
Recipes is ready in a clay mortar . Then pound lightly with the crumbed fish even well mixed , before adding to the Prahok soup . Stir it will and season with salt and sugar . Lastly , add the rest of coconut cream and remove from heat . The way to eat , place a little all kind of vegetable above into bowl , before adding rice noodle ,cover the soup on it . Use chopsticks to blend before eating . Increasingly , there are sub-vegetables set on the side and a small bowl having smooth salt and hot chilies .